Petrofac Training Centre
Developing competence locally
Hassi Messaoud, Algeria
The Petrofac Training Centre in Hassi Messaoud has the capacity to deliver training to 400 Algerian nationals annually. Training is primarily skills based, with a strong emphasis on health and safety. The curriculum on offer covers five specialist trade areas: instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, pipe fabrication and welding.
- Modern, well equipped, air conditioned classrooms that can each comfortably seat up to 20 delegates
- Large open workshops containing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Instrumentation: delegates are taught installation and commissioning techniques on pressure, temperature, level and flow instruments
- Electrical: training is delivered in installation and wiring techniques, motor control and electrical measurements for single and three phase systems
- Mechanical: delegates learn how to install and align various types of mechanical equipment, including pumps, valves, bearings and mechanical seals
- Pipe fabrication: training covers the development, fabrication and installation of pipe spools and fittings. Fabrication of ‘special’ fittings is also undertaken
- Welding: taught on plate and pipe to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) standards, using fillet and butt welds in all positions. Techniques include Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and GTAW/SMAW processes