Competence development programmes
Petrofac Training Services offers a portfolio of hundreds of competency-led training solutions. Our unrivalled expertise in curriculum development lets us tailor instruction to a client’s exact needs. We can design, deliver and evaluate bespoke programmes or modify a standard course to meet specific objectives. We also offer an extensive range of pre-approved, industry-recognised training.
Courses deliver short, training-led interventions and programmes provide a clear pathway for progression in knowledge and skills. Learning takes place in the classroom or in a purpose-built training environment and we can also deliver on-the-job training for personnel unable to leave their duty stations.
Language is no barrier to learning. We have a multilingual team of instructional staff and can also offer basic and technical English language training.
Let Petrofac Training Services help you to enhance performance, reduce risk and improve safety. Some examples of our training solutions are listed below.
Training by specialism
- Engineering technical training: across all engineering disciplines; including electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and construction skills
- Operations technical training: covering all aspects of operations in both the upstream and downstream sectors
- HSSE training: all elements of health, safety, security and environment training, delivered to the latest standards and current industry best practice
- Construction technical training: covering all of the latest design and engineering construction techniques
- Drilling technical training: involving every facet of drilling operations, delivered in line with the latest industry standards and best practice
- Business skills training: encompassing the full range of business skills, including management, leadership, media skills, public relations and administration
- Emergency response and crisis management (ERCM) training: for individuals and teams, to identify risks, determine appropriate response strategies and deal with emergency and crisis situations
- Graduate development programmes: design and delivery of graduate programmes covering operational competency, design and practical construction skills
- Assessor and verifier development programmes: to provide the knowledge and tools to assess and verify the competence of a learner in accordance with a competency framework or standard
- Advanced development programmes: to enable the most capable learners to take training to the next level
- Vendor courses: specialist training delivered by the manufacturer of the equipment or system
- English language training: a structured route to learning the English language, with levels progressing from beginner to advanced levels.
- Technical English language training: to equip learners with the technical language employed in everyday operations within the oil and gas sector
- Leadership and behavioural training: instil in the leaders of tomorrow the skills required to mobilise resources and achieve business goals