Competence based, hands-on-training
Since 2003, Petrofac Training Services has co-managed Caspian Technical Training Centre (CTTC) on behalf of BP and its partners in Baku, Azerbaijan. In 2011, we signed a new contract to operate CTTC for a further five years.
Working with our joint venture partner TTE International Limited, we provide support in the management of the centre and deliver competence based, hands-on training. Delegates are predominantly new to the industry. By the time they leave CTTC, they have the foundation skills required for them to enter the workplace safely and ready to learn the specific asset requirements.
Over the course of our involvement in the project, our team has:
- Determined the project’s assets, learner styles and levels of technical ability in the existing national workforce at the outset
- Developed around 450 locally recruited Azeri staff each year since 2003
- Provided production, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical training at foundation, post foundation and non-foundation levels
- Devised a tailored oil and gas curriculum to provide English language instruction followed by operations and maintenance training and assessment
- Achieved City & Guilds accreditation for the foundation program encompassing English language, HSE and discipline specific training.
- Fast-tracked the design, build and fit out of the training centre, including an Operations Training Plant (OTP) to provide hands-on experience of process plant operations in a safe environment
The centre has been instrumental in enabling BP to meet its nationalisation objectives. With our ongoing assistance, CTTC will continue to deliver high quality technical training and education to locally recruited people. Presently 85% of the national technician workforce working within BP Azerbaijan are graduates from the CTTC.